在这个季度，美国好施集团很荣幸能够将关注点聚焦在我们位于美国圣地亚哥的一个超级客户上： 美国周末水暖公司 的本·朗特先生与我们分享他的经验、对水暖行业的看法，以及对水暖行业未来的展望！我们希望你会和我们一样，有兴趣阅读他的看法或观点。
This quarter we're happy to shine a spotlight on one of our incredible San Diego customers: Ben Lunt from A Weekend Plumber. Ben gave us the low down on his experience, the industry and where he sees the future of plumbing heading! We hope you enjoy reading his responses as much as we enjoyed hearing them!
- How long have you been a plumber?
- I've been a plumber for 24 years.I always knew that I wanted to have my own business and in 2006, the opportunity presented itself so I decided to go that way instead of trying to work for someone else again.
- 我看到的是，在美国从事水暖行业工作的专业人员大幅减少，这导致这个行业的技术人才也大幅减少。15年前，当我在美国科罗拉多州开始创业时，那个时候的美国水暖行业从业人员都已经50多岁了，他们说，“随着时间的推移，你将很难找到合格的员工”，他们说的是对的。我还看到美国水暖行业产品的材质也发生了很大的变化 - 从冲洗管道到线路管道，如今都采用柔性软管，极大提高了美国水暖行业的工作效率，能够非常快速的完成水暖安装和维修工作 - 而且，美国水暖行业拥有适用于几乎所有工作环境与对象的工具。
- What major changes have you seen in the industry throughout your career?
- I've seen a big decline in people moving towards a trade type career, which has lead to a decline in skilled people. When I started my business 15 years ago, that was in Colorado and the guys that were working then were in their 50s and said "you're gonna struggle to find qualified people as the years go by" and they were right. I've also seen a big change in the material used - from sautering and threading pipe to now using flexible water piping, there's a huge change in speed and gives the ability to do jobs very quickly - and they have a tool for almost everything now.
- What was your craziest plumbing job?
- I went to help out a friend in Colorado who's house was flooded, and was given the timeline that they wanted to move in the next day with it already cleaned and dried and functional. I ended up doing a 24 hour run by myself installing a boiler and water heater system in the basement. I maybe fell asleep for 30 minutes and woke up and the job was done and I went on to the next for myself I was proud to have completed.
- Where's your local Hirsch Branch and who's your go-to guy there?
- I go to Kearny Mesa most of the time, and Steve is my main guy.
- Favorite part about working with Hirsch?
- Hirsch has a brought a family environment to my work. When my business was smaller, the connectivity of the crew that's there made me look and function like a 10 man company because Hirsch was willing to go the extra mile to help me delivery, help on site, etc. Hirsch helped made me more efficient and look like a bigger company even though I was just one guy.
- How has COVID affected plumbing for you or do you think in general the plumbing industry?
- It's created big challenges that we're still facing with material shortages and delays, and I feel like inferior products have come down the pipe because the manufacturers are not working at 100% rate.
- Where do you see the future of the plumbing industry heading?
- I can see the future of the industry going much more towards skilled plumbers, and people will have a plumber on a retainer who is good. The need for people who have technical ability is huge, and the people with that technical ability will demand a much larger pay. I think there will be a role reversal back to building type work and the trades that require thought and skill and precision are going to flip flop with office work and be in a higher demand.
再次感谢来自美国周末水暖公司的本·朗特先生观点深刻的谈话！如果你希望成为美国好施集团的客户亮点，请通过邮箱 firstname.lastname@example.org 与我们联系。
Thanks again to Ben from A Weekend Plumber for such a thoughtful conversation! If you'd like to be featured in a customer spotlight, reach out to us at email@example.com .